October 5th: Books That Took You the Longest to Finish
–These are the books that you had on your nightstand “in progress” for months or years. The books that you took weeks to read because they put you in a slump. Those books that were an uphill battle. These are books you started and actually read, not books you’ve just had on your shelf the longest.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- I listened to it on audiobook and it took me a whole month to get through it. It wasn’t that it was bad or boring but I think I just didn’t have time to listen to it as much as reading all the other books and sometimes I just wasn’t in the mood.
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
- Technically this only took me two weeks but I believe this one took me the longest to read from the series ( I think).
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
- This took me a month to finish and it wasn’t that I didn’t like it. I thought the story was very different from anything I had read so far, I was just to busy to finish it sooner than I did.
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
- This took me the longest to read ever. I spent over a month trying to read this book and I still did not finish the book because I couldn’t stand continuing with the characters anymore. I DNF’d this book, my first time ever doing so after having read so many pages.
- A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery
- I took over two months to read this quick and easy contemporary. It was mediocre and I just kept putting the book down I picking up even better books. Once i finally finished I decided that I didn’t want to keep it.